Wednesday 20 February 2019

OLAPLEX - ANOTHER BEAUTY FACADE?

What is Olaplex?

"Our simple three-step process includes a patented active ingredient that works on a molecular level to seek out broken bonds in the hair that are caused by chemical, thermal, and mechanical damage. You can use Olaplex to restore compromised hair, or add it to another service to provide the ultimate breakage insurance."
  • Olaplex No.1 - Bond Multiplier
  • Olaplex No.2 - Bond Perfector 
  • Olaplex No.3 - Hair Perfector
  • Olaplex No.4 - Bond Maintenance Shampoo
  • Olaplex No.5 - Bond Maintenance Conditioner

Ok, so let's clear up any confusion. 

Olaplex is a salon treatment that you can now maintain at home. Unlike any other hair treatments, Olaplex works by repairing the bonds and it starts with adding the product into your dye. 

Whether you have dyed, coloured hair, or struggle with breakage from heat styling, the 
active Olaplex ingredients will help repair broken bonds for sleeker, healthier looking hair.

How do I use Olaplex?

I visit the hairdressers every 8 weeks (roughly) and each time I get my hair dyed I ask for OIaplex. My fabulous hairdresser Ashleigh aka Hair Queen at Salon 99, will then mix in No 1 and No 2 with my colours. I then  maintain the Olaplex treatment at home with No 3, 4 and 5. 

Can I just use No 3 or do I need to use the full system?

I would say if you use the full system you are going to get maximum results but I know I noticed a difference after one use of the No 3 treatment at home. 

I know the full system is expensive. I saved up my ££ and bought one bottle at a time and waited until I had all 3 before using them. Used together is like some sort of hair wizardry. I've honestly had people tell me how nice my hair is and guaranteed it's on the day I've used the full Olaplex system.

Is Olaplex worth the £££? 

100000% yes. Ok, so it is a little pricey and the bottles aren't the biggest but a little product goes a long way so they will last you quite some time. I noticed a massive difference in my hair after only 1 use. My hair was visibly smoother, shinier and it exuded health. It looked strong. No fly-aways and less tugs. 

I've been using Olaplex for quite a few months now and my hair has never looked (and felt) so good in my life. In my opinion, it's an absolute must for blondes. Olaplex is proven to reduce breakage and leave your hair stronger than ever and I can fully vouch for this.

I love being blonde but I know I put my hair through ALOT when I get bleach highlights and the constant use of straighteners, curlers etc. It's hard to keep blonde hair in good condition and I've honestly noticed a huge difference in my hair since I started using Olaplex. Not only does my hair look smoother, the shine on it is incredible. It looks and feels healthy and strong. 

There are other companies joining on the "bond repairing" bandwagon. Shwarzkopf's answer to Olaplex is their own FibrePlex and don't get me wrong, FibrePlex is good but it's just nowhere near as good as Olaplex. If you want to try a cheaper alternative to begin with, then I would recommend trying FibrePlex which can be found at some salons and online: Amazon and Escentual 

Olaplex can be purchased online: All Beauty,  Amazon and Cult Beauty





Disclaimer: 
My reviews are always 100% honest. I would not promote something that I do not use/believe in. I bought these products with my own money and have not been paid/sponsored/gifted anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment