Wednesday 20 June 2018

MUM TIPS

MY TOP TIPS/ADVICE FOR NEW MUMS


Being a first-time mum myself, I know how hard it can be adjusting to your new role as a mumma and how the lack of sleep can affect your whole day, mood - everything! So I thought I'd conjure up a few things that have seriously helped me out and adapt to my new 'mum-life' a little bit easier.

1. Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine

Worth.Every.Penny! I remember speaking to my mum when I was pregnant and I told her I wanted a perfect prep as I'd read heaps of reviews online and she laughed at me saying it would be a 'waste of money' and remarked 'what's wrong with boiling a kettle?" Well, for once, I am glad I didn't listen to her!! When you have a screaming baby, hungry at 3am you don't want to wait/YOU CAN'T wait for 30 minutes while the kettle cools down. It's so not fun!! The perfect prep does all the hard work for you and has the bottle ready in a matter of minutes. It normally retails for around £120 but the likes of Asda, Mothercare etc are always doing half price deals. PS, even my mum has been converted and thinks its a god-send!

2. Car Seat/Pram Toy 

Picture this. You're driving in your car and you get stopped at lights. Baby starts to cry and you can't reach behind you to soothe them. What a nightmare! This had happened to me a few times and it wasn't until I was in a shopping centre one day and I saw a couple with their pushing their baby in the pram and noticed that they had a toy bar across the carseat handle. I literally went on to google right away to purchase one.  They are amazing. I bought mine from Smyths Toy Store for £9.99. It had a rattle, a mirror and a musical/light up lion and my son was obsessed. He was totally fascinated by the lion and would sit content for ages. Money well spent.

3. Ewan The Dream Sheep

Ewan certainly is a dream thats for sure. For those who don't know about Ewan, he is a soothing sheep which lights up and plays calming sounds that replicate those that babies hear in the womb. Ever since my son was born, I'd play white noise on Youtube on my phone and it would help settle him/get him to sleep but it meant me being phoneless until bub had fell asleep and when I did eventually get my phone back my battery would be low. Not ideal. You can attach Ewan to the cot and press any of his feet for approx 20 mins of soothing noises which helps the little ones drift off into dreamland. He retails for £29.99 which isn't the cheapest but if you're struggling to settle your little one - its definitely worth a try.

4. A Pram/Stroller Organiser 

I'm a little bit late to the game with this. I've seen so many people with pram organisers but never really felt the need for one. But if you're anything like me and constantly saying "where's my phone?", "where's my keys" then this could be your saviour! I ordered one from Amazon and I love it, it is big enough for me to fit nappies, wipes, purse, 2 bottles and it has a touch screen see through bag for my phone. My only wish is I'd bought it sooner!! 

5. Baby Classes

I remember being pregnant and wondering if I'd ever pluck up the courage to attend a baby sensory class (Moo Music, Jo Jingles Gymboree etc) and if I am honest, I don't think I would have if it wasn't for my prego friend! I am so glad I joined a baby class because not only do I think it helps bring on your little one - it's also a chance for you to meet new mum friends and be able to talk baby all day but still have grown up chats with people in similar situations. I attended both Moo Music and Jo Jingles with my son and he loved them both. They offer a variety of sensory toys and nursery rhymes to help them learn. I've got a great circle of mummy friends now and I do think mum-life would be a hell of a lot harder without them so get yourself to a class and meet some mummies.

I hope these tips help any mummies or mummies-to-be out. Leave a comment below with any tips you think all parents should know!

No comments:

Post a Comment