Tuesday 15 September 2015

Beauty Blender VS Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

REVIEW

Beauty Blender 
VS 
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge 


Ok, so I'm a little late in joining in the Beauty Blender craze but hey, £16 for a sponge....really??? I was very skeptical that a damp sponge could give you that "airbrushed flawless finish" that we all desire so, I thought I'd buy the "dupe" version by Real Techniques for £5.99 and I was pleasantly surprised. The Real Techniques Complexion Sponge makes applying foundation so easy and very idiot-proof. Dot foundation on your face and then blend it all in with the sponge damp using pouncing motions, easy peasy... I loved it so much I bought another Real Techniques sponge but I thought it was about time I tried the Beauty Blender as the hype is still crazy for it and if I was amazed at the Real Techniques sponge then surely I was going to LOVE the Beauty Blender?

Now I have used both I can give my verdict.... 

The Beauty Blender is alot softer, almost silky texture and is small when dry but goes to a good size when damp, maybe a little smaller than the Complexion Sponge. I sort of felt that it kept sliding out my hand because it was that soft but then it felt gentler on my skin. The finish is similar when using both sponges. I like the pointy end better on the Beauty Blender as it's more defined and it can get into the little delicate areas around the eyes when blending out the concealer better than the Complexion Sponge.

It is hard to clean the sponges though. I stupidly tried to clean my first real techniques sponge on the Sigma Spa Mat and it tore it to pieces - woops! Beauty Blender have proper lotions and potions for cleaning which makes it easier and it does give it a thoroughly good clean (and it smells pretty good too!) I would advise to clean your beauty blender at least after every few times you have used it to avoid getting any germs in it and to prolong the life of the sponge! At £16, I hope the Beauty Bender lasts a good while otherwise I will stick to the Real Techniques sponge 

All in all, if you have a Real Techniques sponge you may aswell stick with it as it does the same job as the Beauty Blender for a fraction of the price. But if like me you were intrigued to see the difference between the two or you are feeling flush and fancy a treat, the Beauty Blender is great. I think everyone needs at lease one of these sponges in their makeup kit! 

I hope this helps if you are interested in either of these products. Let me know your thoughts.

Lx


No comments:

Post a Comment