Thursday 10 March 2016

FIRST IMPRESSION - NARS VELVET MATTE SKIN TINT

Nars - Velvet Matte Skin Tint



"An oil-free skin tint to protect and perfect with a soft-matte finish"

Ok, so I am a full/matte coverage kinda gal when it comes to foundations. Yes yes, dewy skin is so youthful and beautiful but unfortunately for folk with oily skin like myself, you end up looking like a right hot mess with makeup sliding all over your face! It's not a good look....trust me! I am always very apprehensive when it comes to trying any base makeup that is not a matte full coverage foundation but I read soo many good things about the new Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint online that I just had to try it. 

There are days where I wake up and I cannot be bothered with a full cake-face of makeup. Sometimes that extra 20 mins in bed is more appealing than making myself look, well... alive but then I tend to regret that choice when you get the questions from your colleagues such as "What's wrong?", "Are you ok?", "You look tired!" ...First world problems I know.  

Basically, "V
elvet Matte Skin Tint" is just a fancy way of saying "tinted moisturiser" but I think Nars get away with calling it a fancy name because I have never used a tinted moisturiser with coverage as good as this! I'd say it is medium coverage but definitely buildable. I think it looks like my skin only better...and it evens out skintone.  It's so lightweight on the skin you forget it's even on!  

I mean seriously - look at the coverage - no shine, no redness - all over even base!

This is the perfect "foundation" for taking on holiday, it's lightweight and has an SPF30. It's always daunting not wearing much makeup on holiday so this would be able to give the appearance of perfect skin, even during the day if you were going on trips etc. I'm 27 and still insecure about people seeing my naked skin so this is a huge deal finding something that can make you feel and look a better version of yourself without too much effort. 10/10 from me Nars!



Shade: Alaska
Where To Buy: Nars Cosmetics, Asos, Feel Unique, John Lewis, House of Fraser
Price: £30

Thanks for reading! 




1 comment:

  1. Laura, why-o-why did I come by your blog, as though us guys don't enable each other enough - I now NEED this! I actually love the matte finish, so beaut. If you wanted to have it a teeny bit more sheer you could add the NARS Illuminator - I mix the a dodd of that with my Double Wear foundation to just give it a wee bit of dew. It's the one you gave me for my birthday - love it! <3 Love you girl, keep on with the blog - it's brilliant. Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete